I don’t deny myself much. I’m not really on a diet but more of a healthy lifestyle that I call a “diet.” I want my foods to energize and satisfy me while not slowing me down. My diet is not about forbidden foods its about foods that help me be the best that I can be.
What I am doing to get healthy:
1. Drink half of my weight in ounces of water (Which means I drink about 140 oz of water and tea daily).
2. If I’m craving something and have to have it-I make it from scratch and try to make it healthier. Plus cooking can burn calories and I’ll know exactly what I’m putting into my food.
3. I get most of my protein from plant sources and have completely cut out red meat.
4. I have also cut out a lot of dairy in my diet as well.
5. I eat mostly whole grains and have basically cut out all white flour.
6. I try to fuel myself with plant foods such as beans, nuts and seeds and fresh produce.
7. I eat about every 3 or 4 hours depending on how hungry I get.
8. I treat myself often-just not in the ways I used to and in moderation (popcorn is my favorite treat-preferably air popped sans the butter).
9. I cut out alcohol and instead focus on just having fun dancing and being silly with my friends.
10. I work out because it is good for my heart, my body, my brain, it reduces my cravings and I find it to be calming.